Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Birthday, AZ!


We celebrated the beginning of Alyssa's 33rd year with a very pink party on Saturday night. She went all out decorating her apartment and we all got creative bringing red and pink appetizers. Cupcakes and cookies were quite the most popular item. I started my day with a 20 mile run and decided that gave me leeway to try both types of cupcakes and the cookie. Luckily we were all so full we didn't even slice the cake. (Yes, we need to plan better. I didn't even get into the savory selections, but rest assured I tried them all.) Side note: If you need an easy, crowd-pleasing appetizer, try this mini version of a Caprese salad. Slice mozzarella balls and cherry tomatoes in half and add both to a toothpick along with a basil leaf. If you use marinated mozzarella balls, you're done. If not, toss in a bit of balsamic, olive oil, and salt/pepper.

Like all Girls Nights, it was a lot of fun. I hobbled home smiling after a great night with a group of awesome women.

1 comment:

  1. I looked and looked for comments last night and couldn't find it. Must have been brain dead. Anyway, what was my comment? Oh yeah, looks like a fun group!

    ReplyDelete