Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day Four

Friday! At the end of a long week, I got a little lazy with my food. I packed a lot of snacky type foods and ended up not having enough to get me through the day.



Breakfast: Raw broccoli, guac for dipping the broccoli and a jalapeno habanero sausage. The sausage was delicious - maybe not completely Paleo, but it was gluten and hormone free. The guac however. Biggest disappointment of the week. I didn't have time to make fresh, so I bought this at the store. It was nearly $7 (local market) and awful! I also had my usual coffee and really can't remember if I had OJ or not.

Lunch: One bunch carrots (from the CSA, SO good), 1/2 of an orange pepper, 2 eggs (there were some almonds that i ate as a snack earlier), and more of the disgusting guac for dipping my veggies.

I had a meeting right after lunch that had Indian catered. I had just read on Robb Wolf's site that he and his wife tend to go for Thai when they want to eat out. Curries are meat, veggies, coconut milk and spices - Paleo! (Just make sure to not get something with potatoes.) I saw chicken curry so I had a small portion. I realized later that since it was Indian curry it was probably made with yogurt versus coconut milk, but still, much healthier than anything I would have gotten out of the vending machine. 


Dinner: Two plates! The boyfriend is home and is such a good sport that he was willing to eat shell-less tacos with me. I found myself a good one. :)  We had tacos (with beef this time - not grass fed, but organic/hormone free), salsa, and home made guac. This guac is AMAZING. We had a side of butternut squash. Easiest thing ever. Precut package from TJs, tossed with olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Roast at 400 for 25 minutes. And yes, I had one glass of red wine. Oh, he didn't sniffle at all after eating, which is quite unusual. So now we just have to figure out if it's gluten or dairy he has some sort of allergy to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment