Friday, February 18, 2011

Eating Paleo in Austin

I am in Austin this weekend with some of my favorite people: my love, the BFF, and the BFF's hub. We (minus the love) were supposed to run the Austin Marathon on Sunday. Then we realized we'd run a combined ten miles in 2011 and wondered why we'd waste a rare weekend together on 26.3 miles of torture. So instead we relaxed and enjoyed a few days in 70 degree weather.

My flight just landed and I have about two hours before they all land. After just breakfast and an apple after a Crossfit session this morning, I'm starving! I wandered through each restaurant and (shockingly) decided my best bet was Tex Mex. The woman taking orders was not Paleo friendly and rolled her eyes when I asked for the taco salad with just lettuce, beef, salsa, and the green goodness. I ended up with cheese, without salsa, and in a tostada shell. The meat for sure had sugar in it, but I scooped out as much cheese as I could and skipped the shell and it was pretty decent for a quick airport meal.


I'm hoping I can eat as Paleo as possible all weekend. I know it won't be as healthy as simple veggies, protein, an fat at home, but it will be way better than my former ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment