Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day One

I made it through day one (provided I last the next few hours before bed time) without any cheating! It was much easier than I thought. Until about an hour before dinner I didn't even feel hungry most of the day, despite no snacking. I did have water and green tea throughout the day, but no food snacks. Overall I was happy and satisfied and as of 6:15pm my stomach has not made a single one of the weird noises it's been making lately! I might get some nuts for a late afternoon snack but otherwise, ready for day two!

I literally bit off more than I could chew for breakfast. I didn't make it through all three hard boiled eggs. I know I mentioned the OJ not being good, but about an hour before my mom mentioned that I had purchased a bottle of organic OJ for $8.99 so it's going to be consumed. I've read that I should limit fruit to one piece per day until I reach my weight goals, so I had an apple with my egg. And black coffee. I missed my creamer, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

My plan was to have leftover turkey tacos for lunch, but I figured they wouldn't transport to work well so I had a turkey salad instead. Romaine, guac, salsa, lemon juice and turkey. I also had a side of cooked broccoli, but I put way too much garlic on it and only ate a few bites. 

I broiled a bit of steak (seasoned with chili powder, cumin, and cayenne) and added it to a salad of romaine, peppers, tomatoes, avocado and a less than stellar dressing. I had to add some salsa after I took the picture. I've eaten about 2/3 of it so far and am full. 

1 comment:

  1. You can have heavy cream in your coffee I believe. It doesn't have any of the problems that dairy has because it is all fat and no protein.

    ReplyDelete